Printable Application Steps
Thank you for requesting information about the Law Enforcement Academy and the Basic POST Certification Technical Certificate of Credit. Please read the following application steps completely.
Here are the steps you will need to successfully complete for admission into the BLE program:
- Apply to Augusta Tech – submit an online application for admissions into the BLE program at www.augustatech.edu. There is a one-time $25 application fee that will be assessed on your tuition the first semester of class. If you have applied to Augusta Tech before, you will not pay this fee again.
- Schedule a time to take the ACCUPLACER placement test (if you have a degree from an accredited post-secondary institution, you can skip this step) – When you submit your application, you will receive a testing notification by email about taking the ACCUPLACER exam. If you have taken the ACCUPLACER or COMPASS and have met the minimum scores, you do not have to retake the exam. However, you must give a copy of the scores to the college.
The minimum required scores on the ACCUPLACER exam are as follows:
- 224 Reading Comprehension
- 236 Sentence Skills
- 229 Arithmetic
If you took the COMPASS exam, the minimum scores required are:
- 70 Reading
- 32 Writing
- 26 Math
Information about the ACCUPLACER, including sample test questions, can be found at https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students.
- Request Transcripts from previously attended schools – The Admissions Office will need an official, sealed High School transcript or scores from the High School Equivalency exam. If you completed a degree from a post-secondary school, you will not need to submit a high school transcript or GED. Complete a transcript request form (found online or in Admissions Office) and send these forms to all the necessary schools.
- Begin Applying for Financial Aid - Any student interested in attending a post-secondary school should access the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) website. Students applying for Class 034 (January 2024 start date) should complete the FAFSA application for the 2023-2024 school year. The federal school code for Augusta Technical College is 005599. Students should check with the Financial Aid office located in the 1300 Building on the Augusta Tech campus to pick up a financial aid packet and take further financial aid processing steps.
- Provisional Acceptance into the BPC TCC – Once you have submitted your application, you have met the necessary placement exam scores (if applicable), and the admissions office has received any and all transcripts, you will be sent a provisional acceptance letter. Understand that this letter verifies provisional acceptance into the program, not the academy. TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR PROVISIONAL ADMISSION, ALL THE ABOVE STEPS MUST BE COMPLETED.
- Schedule a meeting to begin the Pre-Service Application process for GA POST. You will be instructed in your provisional acceptance letter to contact the Law Enforcement Academy to schedule a meeting with Academy staff. You will also be instructed prior to coming to the Academy to gather and bring paperwork with you for this initial meeting. The list will be emailed to you when your meeting is scheduled. There are out-of-pocket fees involved for the pre-service application process and uniforms which will be discussed with you at this meeting.
Here are some deadlines for Class 034 to keep in mind:
- December 8, 2023: Deadline for completion of Augusta Tech admissions process and receiving Provisional Acceptance into program
- December 8, 2023: Deadline for completion of the financial aid packet for Augusta Tech
- December 15, 2023: Deadline for submitting all required ACADEMY paperwork and documentation
- January 16, 2024: Class begins
As you can see, the process to enter the Academy can be lengthy and time consuming. However, don’t be discouraged -- I can help you through the process and will be happy to answer any further questions you may have. Contact information is listed below. Thank you for your interest in our program. We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information, contact:
Administrative Assistant, Law Enforcement Academy
Augusta Technical College
Phone: (706) 771-4186 | Email: email@example.com