FAQs for Summer Online Courses
Poster/Photo Contest Guidelines
Augusta Tech offers three types of distance education classes.
- Online classes - 100% of the course instruction is online. Students come to campus for only 1-3 proctored events. All lessons are asynchronous, so students can do course work any time of the day. Work is due each week.
- Hybrid classes - Up to 50% of the course content is online. Students come to campus at the scheduled time each week for the remaining course contact hours.
- Web-enhanced classes - 100% of the class contact hours are on campus, yet many of the course materials and assignments are available online.
- Online with Lecture classes - OWL classes are fully online classes with the student option of attending a portion of the hours on campus each week for lecture and/or extra help.
- Semester schedules and specific course offering vary, so check the course schedule for current offerings.
- Completion of Badge Training is a requirement for registering for a fully online course.
Choose a link below to explore options and find more information.
- Badge Training - Augusta Tech uses Blackboard Learn for all online classes. To ensure that students are comfortable with accessing and using Blackboard, Badge Training is a tutorial and assessment students are required to take before registering for an online class. The training course is free of charge. Watch this video demonstration of how to enroll in Badge Training.
- F.A.Q.s - Find answers to frequently asked questions about distance education classes, policies, and procedures.
- Blackboard - Go to the Blackboard login page. Use your Smartweb user name and password to login Blackboard. Students will not see courses until the first day of the semester.
- About Us - Meet the staff of the Distance Education Office, contact us, and read attendance and privacy policies for online, hybrid, and web-enhanced classes.
- Resources - Find help topics related to Blackboard, computer needs, counseling services, exam proctoring forms, work ethics, and other resources.
- Anatomy Kickstart - Many students with BIOL2113, Anatomy and Physiology I, so get a head start on everyone. Use this free, non-credit, preparatory course to ensure your success
Fully Online Programs through Augusta Tech
- Administrative Support Assistant, Technical Certificate of Credit (TCC)
- Business Healthcare Technology, Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Business Healthcare Technology, Diploma
- Business Technology, Diploma
- Business Technology, Associate Degree
- Computerized Accounting Specialist, TCC
- Microsoft Office Applications Professional, TCC
- Payroll Accounting Specialist, TCC
- Supervisor/Management Specialist, TCC
Fully Online, some classes through GVTC
- Accounting, Associate Degree
- Applied Technical Management, Associate Degree
Accounting, Allied Health Science, Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Computer Networking, Computer Programming, Computer Skills, Computer Support, Cosmetology, Criminal Justice, Cyber Security, Early Childhood Education, Economics, English, Humanities, Job Skills, Management, Math, Marketing, Medical Assisting, Paralegal, Political Science, Psychology, Respiratory Care, Sociology
Georgia Virtual Technical Connection (GVTC) hosts a central registration site for online instruction in the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG). Online courses from each TCSG college are available through GVTC. Students enroll at Augusta Tech but may use GVTC to sign up for online courses at any other TCSG college. Visit https://gvtc.tcsg.edu for more information.
DISTANCE EDUCATION BUSINESS COURSE OFFERINGS BY PROGRAM