Distance Education Course Schedule Definitions:
OA - Asynchronous (100% Online) All required course activities and proctored events are online and asynchronous (not live). There are no on-campus requirements. Students may be required to use test monitoring software, webcams and microphones. Students need to take Badge before registering.
OS - Synchronous (100% Online) Some of the class hours will be live through Collaborate. Synchronous (Live) dates and times will be listed in the course schedule. There are no on-campus requirements. Students will be required to use webcams and microphones. Students need to take Badge before registering.
eCampus- eCampus courses may be OA or OS. The courses meet the same definitions as OA and OS above, but the course will be on the eCampus Blackboard instead of Blackboard Den.
Blended (>50% to <100% Online) Some of the course is live and some is self-paced with weekly due dates. The live sessions can be on campus or online. See the course schedule for the time and place of the meetings. If the place says TBA, that means the meetings are online through Collaborate. Proctored events can be on campus or online. Students will need to take Badge before registering.
- Semester schedules and specific course offering vary, so check the course schedule for current offerings.
- Completion of Badge Training is a requirement for registering for a fully online course.
Choose a link below to explore options and find more information.
- Badge Training - Augusta Tech uses Blackboard Learn for all online classes. To ensure that students are comfortable with accessing and using Blackboard, Badge Training is a tutorial and assessment students are required to take before registering for an online class. The training course is free of charge. Watch this video demonstration of how to enroll in Badge Training.
- F.A.Q.s - Find answers to frequently asked questions about distance education classes, policies, and procedures.
- Blackboard - Go to the Blackboard login page. Use your Smartweb user name and password to login Blackboard. Students will not see courses until the first day of the semester.
- About Us - Meet the staff of the Distance Education Office, contact us, and read attendance and privacy policies for online, hybrid, and web-enhanced classes.
- Resources - Find help topics related to Blackboard, computer needs, counseling services, exam proctoring forms, work ethics, and other resources.
Fully Online Programs through Augusta Tech
- Accounting (AAS)
- Business Administration (AS)
- Business Healthcare Technology (AAS)
- Business Technology (AAS)
- Business Healthcare Technology
- Business Technology
Technical Certificates of Credit
- Administrative Support Assistant
- Assistant Office Manager
- Computerized Accounting Specialist
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Human Resources Administrative Assistant
- Microsoft Office Applications Professional
- Payroll Accounting Specialist
- Project Management Assistant
- Computer Programming (AAS)
- Computer Programming
Technical Certificate of Credit
- Android Mobile Programming
- C++ Programmer
- C# Programmer
- iOS App Development in Swift,
- iOS Mobile Programming
- Java Programmer
- PHP Programmer
Accounting, Allied Health Science, Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Computer Networking, Computer Programming, Computer Skills, Computer Support, Cosmetology, Criminal Justice, Cyber Security, Early Childhood Education, Economics, English, Humanities, Job Skills, Management, Math, Marketing, Medical Assisting, Paralegal, Political Science, Psychology, Respiratory Care, Sociology
Georgia Virtual Technical Connection (GVTC) hosts a central registration site for online instruction in the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG). Online courses from each TCSG college are available through GVTC. Students enroll at Augusta Tech but may use GVTC to sign up for online courses at any other TCSG college. Visit https://gvtc.tcsg.edu for more information.