Augusta Tech has been offering Distance Education courses since 1999. Our students have access to 24/7 lesson availability and innovative, engaging course content.
Distance Education courses are offered in the following formats: online, hybrid, and web-enhanced. Most Distance Education courses use the Blackboard Learning Management System.
- Online courses offer 100% of the course instruction online. Students come to campus for only 1 or 2 proctored events. All lessons are asynchronous, so students can do course work any time of the day. Work is due each week. (Note: Completion of Badge Training is a requirement to register for an online course.)
- Hybrid courses offer up to 50% of the course content online. Students come to campus at the scheduled time each week for the remaining course contact hours.
- Web-enhanced courses meet 100% of the time in class, yet many of the course materials and assignments are available online.
The qualities below are needed for success in Distance Education courses. Do they describe you?
- Strong reading and writing skills
- Pro-active learner (Independent, yet willing to ask for help)
- Committed to 4-15 hours per week per course
- Practically unlimited access to a computer with internet, plus a back-up plan
- Comfortable exploring new technologies