Graduation Diploma Frames Now Available in the Campus Store. Click here for details.
The Augusta Tech Campus Store
The Augusta Tech Campus Store is located in the Student Services (1300 Building) on the Augusta campus of Augusta Technical College. We are a member of NACS (National Association of College Stores) and GACS (Georgia Association of College Stores.) This has allowed us to become a valuable resource for our students, faculty and staff members. We are also open to the public.
Campus Store Response to COVID-19
- Limit the number of students in the Bookstore.
- Colored tape on the floor marking 6 feet distancing in the check out lines.
- Colored tape on the floor directing students down the aisles to prevent students from passing each other in an aisle.
- Place sanitizer and/or wipes at the door entry (pending Store Availability)
- Require students to enter one doorway and exit a second doorway to prevent students from passing each other in an aisle.
- Use ropes to direct students to entry and prevent students from exiting the same entry.
- Extra daily cleaning of the following high touch surface areas:
- Countertops, Bookshelves
- Keyboards, Registers
- Light Switches
New and used books are available for sale along with a great variety of other merchandise such as school supplies, apparel and other gift items.
|Monday||8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
* School approved financial aid vouchers
Search for Textbook Information
Get your Office 365 here. Use your Smartweb email and password to login.
It is strongly recommended that new students attend all classes on the first day of the term to obtain a complete list of textbooks and supplies needed.
Always bring your class schedule or syllabus with you when you come to the Bookstore. This will greatly help us to sell you the correct books.
Yes. We do sell used books. They are subject to availability and are first come, first served.
Used books are 25% less than the price of a new book.
The best opportunities to purchase used books are during the buyback or during the first week of each new term. Remember, we depend on our students to sell their books back here in order to have used books to sell to other students.
Buyback Time Frames
The Augusta Campus Buyback is usually the last 3 days and first 2-3 days of each new term.*
There are also periodic buybacks scheduled for the Thomson and Waynesboro campuses.
Keep an eye on our website for dates and times of all upcoming buyback.
* Buyback time frames can vary. Please check the posted schedules on the website.
- The instructor has authorized the reuse of the book.
- The publisher has a new edition so the prior edition has no value.
- The instructor has discontinued the book or not indicated it will be used next term.
- The book is in too poor condition to be resold.
- The bookstore is overstocked.
- The book has limited nationwide demand.
- Current editions needed by the bookstore for the next semester will be bought back at approximately 50% of the new list price. The Bookstore sets this price.
- Any other current editions not needed by the bookstore are bought back at a wholesale price.
If your books do not have a retail buyback value, it is possible that it still has a wholesale value. Wholesale buyback involves selling your book to a used book company, which will then sell it to another college that uses it. In this case, the buyback price is determined by the national demand for the book. This means that the money you get back for a book can vary greatly, but is always less than if the bookstore bought the book to resell it.
- Old editions, damaged or over-used books, international editions, professor’s copies and rebound books will have no resale value.
- If an old edition will be used in the upcoming semester by our instructors, you should advertise them for sale to other students. Ask the bookstore staff if your old edition textbooks will be used in upcoming semesters.
Using Your Financial Aid
Below is a listing of the different kinds of financial aid that can be used and the items that can be purchased.
- HOPE GED - Books and supplies.
- PELL - Books, supplies, and book bags/backpacks.
- WIA (Richmond/Burke Counties) - Required books only - No supplies.
- WIA (East Central Consortium) - Required books only - No supplies.
- VA Rehab (VA) - Required books only. $25 supply limit. Students are responsible for the exact amount of supply allotment. One time visit. May include a calculator. May not charge a book bag unless proper signature is provided. This is in addition to the $25 in supplies. All charges go directly to VA Rehab.
- Third Party (TPTY) - Required books only with the exception of TAA. See below.
- Third Party (TAA) - Required books and $25 in supplies; including a calculator if needed. Contact Sonya Ellis in Student Accounts for further explanation.
* If you have any questions about your Pell or Loan amounts, you must see the Financial Aid Office.
** Financial aid can only be used in the Bookstore up to the date listed on your Account Detail by Term printout. This is available through your Augusta Tech Smartweb account.
A full refund will be made subject to the following conditions:
- New or used books must be returned or exchanged within one week from date of purchase.
- Refunds on all items purchased by check require a ten-business day waiting period from date of purchase.
- A Student ID Card or Picture ID and original cash register receipt is required for any returns or exchanges.
- Defective new books will be exchanged at no charge. Used books are not guaranteed.
- Refunds will not be made on non-required books, supplies, general merchandise, backpacks, clothing or candy/snacks.
- No refund or exchange on any novel or trade book without drop form from Admissions.
- New books that are purchased must be in NEW condition to be returned. This means that they should be:
- Free of all marks. (pencil, ink, highlighter, etc.)
- Shrink-wrapped material and/or sealed codes must be unopened and unused.
- Any software (CDROM etc) included with the book must be unopened.