Associate Degree Nursing, Cardiovascular Technology, Dental Assisting, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Echocardiography, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Practical Nursing, Radiologic Technology, Respiratory Care, Surgical Technology, and Vascular Technology are competitive programs. Admissions to Augusta Technical College and the competitive ranking processes are two separate processes. To be accepted into the college and qualify for ranking, applicants MUST complete all Augusta Technical College admissions requirements. Applicants who meet the college admission criteria are eligible to enroll at the college to complete prerequisite courses.
Acceptance into the college does not guarantee admission into any Competitive Allied Health program. The competitive process requires submission of a Competitive Ranking Application, successful completion of all prerequisites, and completion of any additional curriculum/requirements by the designated deadline. Applicants who are not selected for admission to their chosen program of study are given the option to consider a program change or resubmit an admission application and a new Competitive Ranking Application by the next ranking cycle deadline.
If you have satisfied (or will satisfy) ALL prerequisites by the designated deadline, please follow the steps below to complete the Competitive Ranking Application process.
- For current or previously admitted Augusta Tech students:
- For those that have never been admitted to, or attended, Augusta Tech:
- Complete an online application for admission.
- Submit official transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions previously attended to The Office of Student Records for evaluation. Please allow 7-14 business days for receipt and evaluation. Once transcripts have been evaluated for transfer credit and/or a student has a complete admission file, students will be accepted into college and granted access to Smartweb.
- Log into Smartweb, navigate to BannerWeb, and select Student Services and Financial Aid to access Degree Works. Verify ALL prerequisites have been satisfied OR current enrollment with expected completion by the designated deadline. View Degree Works Instructions.
- Complete a separate ranking application for each program you would like to be considered for. (Applications can be found below in the Competitive Criteria section.
- Submit the COMPLETED/SIGNED ranking application in-person to any individual listed on each application or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by the designated deadline.
NEED HELP COMPLETING YOUR RANKING APPLICATION? Attend a workshop to learn more about ranking criteria and successfully completing your application. RSVP today!
Please click on the appropriate program below to review the competitive criteria. (All will link to PDF pages with the specified criteria)
►Associate Degree Nursing* - ADN Student Handbook - ADN Cost List - Ranking Application
►Cardiovascular Technology - Ranking Application
►Diagnostic Medical Sonography* - Ranking Application
►Echocardiography - Ranking Application
►Occupational Therapy Assistant - Ranking Application
►Practical Nursing* - PN Student Handbook - PN Cost List - Ranking Application
►Radiologic Technology - Ranking Application will be available June 1, 2020
►Respiratory Care - Ranking Application
►Surgical Technology - Ranking Application
►Vascular Technology - Ranking Application
*Academic ranking criteria for these programs of study require a Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) score. For more information about the TEAS test, please review this handout on ATI TEAS Testing Process. Register for TEAS at www.atitesting.com.