Associate Degree Nursing, Cardiovascular Technology, Dental Assisting, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Echocardiography, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Practical Nursing, Radiologic Technology, Respiratory Care, Surgical Technology, and Vascular Technology are competitive programs. Admissions to Augusta Technical College and the competitive ranking processes are two separate processes. To be accepted into the college and qualify for ranking, applicants MUST complete all Augusta Technical College admissions requirements. Applicants who meet the college admission criteria are eligible to enroll at the college to complete prerequisite courses.
Acceptance into the college does not guarantee admission into any Competitive Allied Health program. The competitive process requires submission of a Competitive Ranking Application, successful completion of all prerequisites, and completion of any additional curriculum/requirements by the designated deadline. Applicants who are not selected for admission are given the option to consider a program change or resubmit an admission application and a new Competitive Ranking Application by the next ranking cycle deadline.
If you have satisfied (or will satisfy) ALL prerequisites by the designated deadline, please follow the steps below to complete the Competitive Ranking Application process.
Are you a NEW STUDENT (this includes transfer students and returning students [who have not attended the college for two or more semesters])?
New students should proceed to steps 1-3 before completing a ranking application.
- Complete an online application for admission.
- Submit official transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions previously attended to The Office of Student Records for evaluation. Please allow 7-14 business days from the date of receipt for evaluation. Official transcripts can be sent electronically via Parchment, Escrip-safe, or National Student Clearinghouse directly to Augusta Technical College. If an email address is required, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.
Augusta Technical College
Office of Student Records,
3200 Augusta Tech Drive
Augusta, GA 30906
- Once transcripts have been evaluated and/or a student has a complete admission file, students will be accepted into college and granted access to Smartweb. Please e-mail the Advising Center to confirm eligibility before proceeding to steps 4-6.
For current or previously admitted Augusta Tech students:
- Log into Smartweb, navigate to BannerWeb, and select Student Services and Financial Aid to access Degree Works. Verify ALL prerequisites have been satisfied OR current enrollment with expected completion by the designated deadline. View Degree Works Instructions.
- Complete a separate ranking application for each program you would like to be considered for. (Ranking applications can be found below in the Competitive Criteria section).
- Submit the COMPLETED/SIGNED ranking application via email to email@example.com by the designated deadline. DO NOT MAIL OR FAX
Notifications will be e-mailed and mailed 4-6 weeks after the designated deadline.
Please click on the appropriate program below to review the competitive criteria. (All will link to PDF pages with the specified criteria)
►Associate Degree Nursing* - ADN Student Handbook - ADN Cost List - Ranking Application will be available February 1, 2021
►Cardiovascular Technology - Ranking Application will be available February 1, 2021
►Diagnostic Medical Sonography* - Ranking Application will be available February 1, 2021
►Echocardiography - Ranking Application will be available February 1, 2021
►Occupational Therapy Assistant - Ranking Application will be available February 1, 2021
►Practical Nursing* - PN Student Handbook - PN Cost List - Ranking Application will be available February 1, 2021
►Radiologic Technology - Ranking Application
►Respiratory Care - Ranking Application will be available February 1, 2021
►Surgical Technology - Ranking Application will be available February 1, 2021
►Vascular Technology - Ranking Application will be available February 1, 2021
*Academic ranking criteria for ADN, LPN, & Diagnostic Medical Sonography require a Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). Please review the following IMPORTANT information before registering for TEAS via ATI:
How to register for TEAS
TEAS Student Quick Start Guide