Associate Degree Nursing, Cardiovascular Technology, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Echocardiography, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Practical Nursing, Radiologic Technology, Respiratory Care, Surgical Technology, and Vascular Technology are competitive programs. Students who meet the College admission criteria are eligible to enroll at the College to take prerequisite courses for these programs.
The competitive process determines the academic ranking order for selection of students for admission to the program. The competitive process requires submission of a Competitive Ranking Application by the designated deadline. Applicants who are not selected for admission to their chosen program of study are given the option to consider a program change or resubmit an admission application and a new Competitive Ranking Application by the next ranking cycle deadline.
If you have satisfied (or will satisfy) ALL prerequisites by the designated deadline for the desired program of student, please follow the steps below to complete the Competitive Ranking Application process.
- For current or previously admitted Augusta Tech students:
- For those that have never been admitted to, or attended, Augusta Tech:
- Complete an online application for admission. (Submit only ONE admissions application. You will submit multiple Ranking Applications, not online admissions applications.)
- Once transcripts are submitted and evaluated for transfer credit and/or a student has a complete file, students will be accepted into college and granted access to Smartweb.
- Log into Smartweb to access Degree Works to verify that ALL prerequisites have been satisfied OR currently enrolled and will be complete by the deadline. View Degree Works Instructions.
- Complete a separate ranking application for each program you would like to be considered for. (Applications can be found below in the Competitive Criteria section.)
- Meet with an Academic Advisor, or representative, to have your packet reviewed. Contact information is listed on the Ranking Application.
- COMPLETED/SIGNED applications must be received in-person or via email for review by the designated deadline. All e-mail submissions should be sent to email@example.com. To submit your application in-person, please visit the Augusta Campus (Building 1300/Advising Center).
Please click on the appropriate program below to review the competitive criteria. (All will link to PDF pages with the specified criteria)
►Associate Degree Nursing* - ADN Student Handbook - ADN Cost List - Ranking Application
►Cardiovascular Technology - Ranking Application will be available February 3, 2020
►Diagnostic Medical Sonography* - Ranking Application will be available February 3, 2020
►Echocardiography - Ranking Application will be available February 3, 2020
►Occupational Therapy Assistant - Ranking Application will be available February 3, 2020
►Practical Nursing* - PN Student Handbook - PN Cost List - Ranking Application will be available February 3, 2020
►Radiologic Technology - Ranking Application
►Respiratory Care - Ranking Application will be available February 3, 2020
►Surgical Technology - Ranking Application will be available February 3, 2020
►Vascular Technology - Ranking Application will be available February 3, 2020
*Academic ranking criteria for these programs of study require a Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) score. For more information about the TEAS test, please review this handout on ATI TEAS Testing Process. Register for TEAS at www.atitesting.com.