|The waiver does not apply to Dual Enrollment or Basic Law Enforcement Applicants.|
Applying as a Transfer Student
Applicants wishing to transfer to the College must complete the Admission procedures. Regular admission status is based upon the credential (degree, diploma, or Technical Certificate of Credit) being sought by the student.
Note: A student must complete in residence at least 25 percent of the credit hours for graduation.
- Submit the “Transfer Student” Application for Admissions.
- Applicants who have successfully completed (C or better) a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours at the degree level may submit official transcripts from all previously attended colleges accredited by an accepted accrediting agency in lieu of a high school diploma or a state-authorized examination the state recognizes as the equivalent of a high school diploma as described above. Official, sealed college transcripts may be requested if transfer credit is desired, but college transcripts are not required for admission.*
Submit electronics transcripts using Escrip-safe, National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment services. Have your former institution send them to: Student.Records@augustatech.edu. If your school does not send transcripts electronically, use this TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM to request your official, sealed transcript be sent to: Augusta Technical College ATTN: Student Records 3200 Augusta Tech Drive, Augusta, GA 30906.
- Submit one of the following below. If you have earned less than 30 semester or 45 quarter hours, submit official, sealed transcripts
- High School or Homeschool Transcript with graduation date.
- Official transcript, or score report, reflecting the student has passed an examination the state recognizes as the equivalent of a high school diploma (e.g. GED).
- If you have not successfully completed a transferrable college level English composition and college level math at your previous institution, you must take the ACCUPLACER placement test and/or turn in SAT, ACT, ASSET or COMPASS scores.
- Submit proof of Georgia Residency / Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States.
If you are not a current HOPE or Zell Miller recipient at Augusta Technical College, a HOPE Scholarship Evaluation Form must be submitted.
*Exception: Students applying for competitive health (Nursing, Cardiovascular, Echocardiography, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Practical Nursing, Radiologic Technology, Respiratory Care, Sonography, Surgical Technology, and Vascular Technology) ranking may not choose to omit coursework from other colleges, and ALL official, sealed college transcripts are required for admission. College transcripts may also be required in some financial aid situations.