Double the Credit. Half the Time.
Zero the Tuition.
Dual Enrollment allows high school students to take either academic degree level core courses that will transfer to most TCSG or USG College or University, occupational courses, or diploma level core courses. Some students may choose to enroll fully into a degree, diploma or technical certificate of credit program, or they may choose to just take a few courses. All college coursework taken through Dual Enrollment will be fully covered through Dual Enrollment funding, and students will not be required to pay out of pocket for tuition, college fees, or textbooks. The only fees students may be responsible for are course-specific fees determined by the college. No hours taken through the Dual Enrollment program will count towards a student’s HOPE Grant or Scholarship credit hour caps. Participating in the new Dual Enrollment program is a great incentive for high school students to get ahead on their college coursework!
Benefits of taking college courses while in high school through the Dual Enrollment Program:
- Degree-level core classes will transfer to University System of Georgia or Technical College System of Georgia colleges or universities PLUS many other colleges/universities outside of the state of Georgia... so starting at Augusta Technical College can really take you anywhere.
- Transferability is dependent on many factors, including major.
- College credits taken through the Dual Enrollment program do not count against HOPE Scholarship or HOPE Grant hours after you graduate from high school.
- College credits do count toward new high school rigor requirements and HOPE Scholarship rigor requirements.
- Tuition and textbooks are totally covered through the Dual Enrollment program PLUS Augusta Technical College exempts all student fees for high school students participating in Dual Enrollment – which means you are required to pay ZERO out of pocket expenses to attend Augusta Technical College while in high school.
- Students who participate in Dual Enrollment courses get a 0.5 boost in their HOPE Scholarship GPA calculation upon graduation from high school. (Please note – this does not apply to your local GPA calculation).
Any 9th – 12th grade students enrolled in an eligible Georgia high school or home study program, who has achieved required scores on the college placement exam, is eligible to take part in the program. If you have not the taken placement exam yet, please contact our Admission Office at 706-771-4029 to schedule a time to test at our Augusta campus or call one of our branch campuses. There are NO residency or citizenship requirements. View test score requirements for the program. Note: Dual enrolled students cannot take Learning Support classes.
Courses may be taught face-to-face on the college campus, the high school campus, online, or hybrid. Students will be allowed to take up to 15 credit hours per semester at each college they attend. Students can enroll in Augusta Technical College courses during Fall, Spring, or Summer Semesters.
Tuition, Fees, and Books
Tuition and most fees are covered by Dual Enrollment for every eligible student in the program. Books will also be provided to new Dual Enrollment students at no charge to the students via our Dual Enrollment Lending Library. Because students are now eligible to participate in almost all Augusta Technical College programs, they may be responsible for course-specific fees in some program areas. Students should speak to the High School Coordinators and/or Program Advisors to find out specifics about course-related fees.
Joint Enrollment provides high school students the opportunity to take courses at Augusta Technical College and receive college credit ONLY for the courses that they take at the college. Joint Enrollment students usually attend college classes in the afternoon or evening after they have attended high school an entire school day. Joint Enrollment students are allowed to take academic core and occupational program courses for any technical certificate or diploma program in which they are eligible. Eighty percent (80%) of the tuition will be paid by the HOPE Grant for Georgia residents. Augusta Technical College will exempt other tuition and fees. Hours taken through Joint Enrollment DO count against a student’s HOPE Grant and Scholarship caps.
High School Postsecondary Graduation Opportunity
High School Postsecondary Graduation Opportunity offers an alternate path to high school graduation for students who have completed certain requirements at their high school. In order to participate in High School Postsecondary Graduation Opportunity , students must have completed the 10th grade and successfully completed the following courses and all required tests associated with them, and be within their original four calendar years of high school. This program is not an option for 5th year seniors and beyond.
- 2 English
- 2 Math
- 2 Science
- 2 Social Studies
- 1 Health/PE
After completion of these courses, students must then complete ONE of the following: Associate Degree, one Diploma, or 2 Technical Certificates of Credit at Augusta Technical College. Students interested in this alternate diploma path option should contact their High School Guidance Counselor or the Augusta Technical College High School Coordinator.