2021 Photo ID Process*
2021 Photo ID Process - Download PDF
Photo IDs for NEW STUDENTS ONLY
Welcome to Augusta Technical College! Incoming first semester and transfer students can submit their own picture for their ID card! Students will now submit a photo online prior to the beginning of the semester. Once produced, your ID will be mailed to you at the address provided to the college.
How to Submit Your Photo
- Go the Augusta Tech website at www.augustatech.edu.
- Login to your Smartweb e-mail account
- Email your photo as an attachment to email@example.com and include the semester term in the in the subject line.
- IMPORTANT: Include your name, your 900-number and your complete mailing address with zip code along with your photo.
ID Card Photo Requirements
- Your photo must be of your full face, head and shoulders, squarely facing the camera.
- Your photo MUST be taken against a plain background (light colored background is preferred). Photos without a plain colored background will not be accepted.
- Save your color photo in a jpeg format.
- Make sure your eyes are open and visible.
- Make sure there are no shadows over your face.
- Photo must not be copyrighted or watermarked.
- No filters or altered pictures.
- No hats, hoods, or other headwear.
- Pictures of photographs or ID photographs (ie: driver’s license, passport, other school ID, etc.) and screenshot photos will not be accepted.
Current/continuing students who already have a photo ID may pick up a validation sticker at the Campus Store and Student Accounts Office on the Augusta Campus and at the Admissions Office on their respective branch campuses.
If a student has lost his/her ID, it can be replaced for a cost of $5. After paying the fee at the Student Accounts Office, students should email a copy of the receipt (PDF or JPEG format for the receipt) and a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with their request for a replacement ID.
When your ID has been produced, then you will receive communication as regards mailing or pick up.
*This is the current college photo id process. Please check Smartweb regularly for deadline dates or changes in the process.