2021 Photo ID Process*
Photo IDs for NEW STUDENTS ONLY
Welcome to Augusta Technical College! Incoming first semester and transfer students can submit their own picture for their ID card! Students will now submit a photo online prior to the beginning of the semester. Once produced, your ID will be mailed to you at the address provided to the college.
How to Submit Your Photo
- Go the Augusta Tech website at www.augustatech.edu.
- Login to your Smartweb e-mail account
- Email your photo as an attachment to email@example.com and include the semester term in the in the subject line.
- IMPORTANT: Include your name, your 900-number and your complete mailing address with zip code along with your photo.
ID Card Photo Requirements
- Your photo must be of your full face, head and shoulders, squarely facing the camera.
- Your photo MUST be taken against a plain background (light colored background is preferred). Photos without a plain colored background will not be accepted.
- Save your color photo in a jpeg format.
- Make sure your eyes are open and visible.
- Make sure there are no shadows over your face.
- Photo must not be copyrighted or watermarked.
- No filters or altered pictures.
- No hats, hoods, or other headwear.
- Pictures of photographs or ID photographs (ie: driver’s license, passport, other school ID, etc.) and screenshot photos will not be accepted.
Current/continuing students who already have a photo ID may pick up a validation sticker at the Campus Store and Student Accounts Office on the Augusta Campus and at the Admissions Office on their respective branch campuses.
If a student has lost his/her ID, it can be replaced for a cost of $5. After paying the fee at the Student Accounts Office, students should email a copy of the receipt (PDF or JPEG format for the receipt) and a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with their request for a replacement ID.
When your ID has been produced, then you will receive communication as regards mailing or pick up.
*This is the current college photo id process. Please check Smartweb regularly for deadline dates or changes in the process.