The GED® is a computer based, high school equivalency exam designed to measure an individual’s proficiency in multiple areas. The test is offered in both English and Spanish. The GED® test is also offered in both an In-Person and Online format. The Online GED® Test is Available to take from home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and you will need a computer, webcam, and reliable internet — no tablets or phones are allowed. For more information view the In-Person vs Online GED® testing chart.
In-Person GED® Testing
- All test candidates must schedule to test prior to arriving at the testing center. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Visit www.GED.com from your computer, tablet or smartphone and click "Sign Up".
- Select your test details by clicking on the yellow "Start Scheduling" button on your dashboard.
- Select your subject area(s) and complete background questions.
- Select your test center, date and time.
- Review your order and pay for your exam with a voucher, credit card, or debit card.
- You will receive an email receipt confirming your appointment and directions to our testing center.
|Subject Area||Time Allotment|
|Reasoning Through Language Arts||155 minutes|
|Social Studies||75 minutes|
- Each section of the exam is $40. The total price for the GED® is $160 (4 sections).
- Testing candidate paying out of pocket will make the payment prior to testing through their www.GED.com account.
- A Minimum Passing Score of 145 on each test earns your GED® credential.
- If a candidate fails a section of the test, they have the ability to retake that section (and do not have to take the entire test over). Retesting a section is half-priced ($20) and can be taken as soon as the next test session.
- If a candidate fails a section three times, there is a 60-day suspension period after which the price goes back to full price ($40). After that, each failed test for that section will also be full price.
For a complete understanding of accommodations regarding the GED®, or additional questions, please consult the official accommodations page at https://www.gedtestingservice.com/testers/computer-accommodations.
Candidates are required to provide one valid form of identification. The ID must be government issued and non-expired. It must also include the student's name, address, date of birth, signature, and photograph. The testing administrator will check the candidates name on the ID and schedule. The candidates name must match what is listed on the schedule. The following are acceptable primary forms of ID:
- Driver's license
- Learner's Permit
- National/state/country identification card
- Masks are required for visitors to enter the testing center. Masks must be worn above your nose during testing.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to appointment time.
- Candidates that arrive more than 15 minutes late will forfeit your exam fee.
- If an emergency prevents you from arriving on time, please contact Pearson VUE to reschedule your exam at 1-877-392-6433.
- Only test candidates will be allowed in the testing center.
- All personal items must be stored in testing center lockers.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices, pagers, watches, wallets, purses, hats and other head coverings, bags, coats, books, and notes are not allowed in the testing room.
- Eating, drinking, smoking, chewing gum, talking, and making noise that creates a disturbance for other candidates are prohibited during the test.
- All testing materials supplied by the testing center must be returned to the proctor prior to leaving the testing center.
- Calculator Policy
- There is only one calculator approved for GED® testing: Texas Instruments TI-30XS MultiView
- No other calculators will be allowed
- If a candidate does not have their own handheld calculator, they may either use the calculator provided on the test or ask the proctor for a handheld calculator
- Unscheduled breaks are not allowed. If you must take an unscheduled break, you will not be allowed back into the testing room, your test score will be invalidated, and you will forfeit your test fee.
1300 Augusta Tech Drive
Building 1300 Room 209
Augusta, GA 30906
From I-520, take Deans Bridge Road Exit towards Gordon Highway. Make a right onto Augusta Tech Drive. Keep left at the split. After passing two cross-walks, the 1300 Building will be located on your right up a small incline. Please park in the long parking lot located directly in front of the building.
From Gordon Highway, turn onto Deans Bridge Road heading towards I-520. Turn Left onto Augusta Tech Drive. Keep left at the split. After passing two cross-walks, the 1300 Building will be located on your right up a small incline. Please park in the long parking lot directly located directly in front of the building.
- Upon arrival, Candidates should check-in 15 minutes prior to appointment time at the Student Records desk.
In Georgia, you will receive your credential package which includes a congratulatory letter, diploma and transcript approximately two weeks after successfully completing the GED® test.
To order additional documents, visit TCSG's website for more information. Official transcripts and/or duplicate diplomas are $15 each.
FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING GED TESTING CONTACT:
Phone: (706) 771-4153
For additional information about the GED® exam, please visit www.GED.com