Admissions & Registration
- Any picture ID with recognizable, recent picture that is an established form of identification.
- Tests are scheduled by appointment
- Testers must arrive prior to 2pm the day of their scheduled test
- The Accuplacer starts with 3 sections (Sentence Skills, Reading Comprehension, Arithmetic) but may continue to 5 sections based on testing candidate performance
- The sections that are required will depend on exemption status and performance
- The test proctor will speak to each testing candidate regarding the results and what to do next
- The test has multiple sets of cut scores. If a testing candidate scores below our institutional requirements, they will be asked to test again. If a testing candidate scores above our institutional requirements but below their program requirements, they have the option for one retest or they may take Gateway Complimentary courses.
- Testing candidates are allowed two opportunities to take the placement test. If the candidate fails to meet the institutional requirements after two attempts, they will be referred to a counselor regarding proceeding toward their educational goals. If a candidate fails to meet the program specific requirements after two attempts, they will be required to take Gateway Complimentary courses.
- It depends on the program requirements as well as your test scores. Please view our EXEMPTIONS section for additional information
- Upon completing the test, all candidates will be able to view their results immediately upon completion. If an Augusta Technical College applicant would like a personal copy of their scores, the application fee must first be paid prior to submitting a request to the Student Records Office.
- For all testing candidates not testing for Augusta Technical College application purposes, there is a $25 fee that should be paid prior to testing and printed copies of scores will be available upon completion of the test.
- The Testing Center is open every Tuesday-Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-3pm.However, the Accuplacer is not offered daily. Please contact Admissions at 706-771-4028 for testing dates.
- It is expected that each testing candidate will not engage in disruptive, disrespectful, or threatening behavior at any point.
- All electronic devices may not be accessed by the testing candidate during testing and all electronic devices must be silenced before entering the testing center.
- All forms of cheating, including the use of unapproved devices and materials, speaking with other testing candidates during testing, proxy testing, falsifying identification for testing purposes, and recording testing questions/material will result in appropriate punishment as deemed by Augusta Technical College staff.
- All accommodations are handled by Ms. Karissa Wright (706.771.4067 or email@example.com)