Paying for College
Apply for Scholarships
Augusta Technical College utilizes the AwardSpring Scholarship Management platform for students who are currently registered that meet specified criteria to apply scholarship opportunities. View our scholarship navigation guide for assistance with submitting an application. (Note: The AwardSpring Scholarship Management platform is available to accept scholarship applications three times per year just prior to the start of each semester. Please check your SmartWeb email/messages to view the platform availability dates for the upcoming semester.)
Frequently Asked Questions
All current Augusta Technical College students should apply.
The entire application process takes place online using the AwardSpring scholarship program. View our scholarship navigation guide for assistance.
The AwardSpring application wizard will match you to the scholarships for which you most likely are qualified, based on the information you provide in your application. You cannot just apply for one specific scholarship.
These dates vary semester to semester.
- READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST and gather any required materials before beginning the application in AwardSpring.
- Fill in the application form completely and honestly. Answer all of the questions. AwardSpring will not let you leave a required question blank. We will be able to confirm such things as your completed credits, enrolled major, and cumulative GPA.
- Use proper grammar and capitalization. Typos, blanks, and/or incomplete or inaccurate information may count against you in the review process.
- For “Essay Responses”, be sure to answer or address all of the questions/points that are required for each question. We recommend that you prepare your answers in MS Word and save them ahead of time. Then, as you complete the online application in AwardSpring, you can copy and paste your answers into the application.
- Make sure your current name and any other prior names that you have had, are on ALL documents that you upload/attach to your application!
Accordion Item Content
YES, but only if the system asks you for a letter of recommendation.
A current instructor, counselor or advisor should complete the letter of recommendation form. (Recommendations from family members, roommates, friends or neighbors are discouraged).
Recommendation forms are provided through AwardSpring. Recommenders have the option of typing their recommendation into a dialog box provided in the email they receive or uploading a file containing the recommendation (Word and .pdf
All applicants will be notified when awards have been made by the Financial Aid Office.
Awards are disbursed according to donor specifications. Most of the awards are disbursed during the first 4 weeks of the semester or after mid-term.
In general, scholarships do not affect a student’s grants, but they may reduce the amount of loans and/or work study that a student will receive. The Augusta Tech Financial Aid Office is required to report all scholarship awards so that aid for a student is coordinated.
No. There are hundreds of other scholarship opportunities available from other sources that you may research and pursue by searching the internet or inquiring within your local community. (Note that Augusta Technical College does not endorse, promote or otherwise support these other sources.)
For more information on scholarships or the AwardSpring Scholarship Management platform, contact the College’s Financial Aid Office 706.771.4149.