Paying for College
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
In addition to maintaining all general financial aid requirements, all students receiving Federal Title IV (federal) and state aid must maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to continue receiving these funds. The U.S. Department of Education requires Augusta Technical College to evaluate all students' academic progress at the end of each semester. Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) evaluations must take into consideration all periods of enrollment, including enrollment at other institutions and periods in which the student did not receive financial aid. SAP measures grade point average (GPA) and Pace (rate of progression), and it necessitates progression in both.
- Review the Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Plan
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Maximum Timeframe FAQs
- Click Student Services & Financial Aid.
- Click Financial Aid.
- Click Financial Aid Status.
- Select the Current Aid Year (i.e., 2020-2021).
- Click Submit.
Questions regarding Satisfactory Academic Progress can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal Deadlines:
Summer 2022 (May 16, 2022 - August 4, 2022)
*In order to submit an appeal you must be registered for Summer 2022 classes*
Appeals for Summer 2022 will be accepted April 1, 2022 - May 18, 2022. The SAP Appeal Form, SAP Academic Plan, and supporting documentation should be uploaded through your BannerWeb account.
- Login using your BannerWeb username and password
- Click on the Student Services and Financial Aid tab
- Click on the Financial Aid tab
- Click on My Overall Status of Financial Aid
- Choose the correct Aid Year (ex. 2021-2022) from the Drop-Down Menu
- Click on the You Have Unsatisfied Requirements link
- Click on the Verification of Reported Data Required link
- You will be directed to CougarNet. From here you will see a tab for the SAP appeal with a task indicator indicating that there is a task for you to complete.
Questions? Contact Financial Aid at email@example.com