Do you have a passion for serving your community and protecting others? Are you mentally and physically tough enough to withstand rigorous training? Would you like to further your education and obtain practical job training? If you answered yes to these questions, Augusta Technical College Law Enforcement Academy wants to help provide you the training and education necessary to accomplish your goals!
Augusta Technical College Law Enforcement Academy is 18 weeks of classroom and hands-on training where you will show proficiency in courses like Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Health and Life Safety, Firearms, Emergency Vehicle Operations, Police Patrol Operations, Traffic Control and Investigation, and Defensive Tactics.
Certifications include Emergency Vehicle Operations, Firearms, Defensive Tactics, Verbal Judo, Oleoresin Capsicum Spray, TASER, NIMS, and First Aid/CPR.
Upon successful completion of the program, not only do you receive your Peace Officer certification through Georgia P.O.S.T., but you also receive a year’s worth of college in 18 weeks. Law enforcement agencies are eager to hire already certified recruits, and the Academy currently has a very high placement rate.
Minimum qualifications to attend the program:
- At least 18 years of age (No maximum)
- Have a GED or high school diploma
- Successfully complete a background check of both criminal and drivers history
- Valid driver’s license
- Be declared mentally, physically, and emotionally capable of completing academy training by a medical physician.
- Be able to be admitted as a student to Augusta Technical College