Augusta Technical College Logo


A student in good standing at another institution may enroll as a transient student on a space-available basis in order to complete work to be transferred back to the student’s home institution. A transient student should be advised in writing by the home institution concerning recommended courses.

The transient student must complete the following:

  1. Submit an application for admission to the host institution.

  2. Present a Transient Agreement Letter from the Registrar or Academic Dean of the home institution indicating that the student is in good standing and eligible to return to that institution.

    NOTE: The 25 hour credit maximum may be waived for the student upon the recommendation of the home institution.

  3. Pay scheduled fees for the host institution.

Eligible program admitted students at Augusta Technical College desiring to take a course from another institution must have prior approval from the Registrar.

FAQ - Transient Students

  1. What is GVTC?
    GVTC stands for "Georgia Virtual Technical Connections." The website is

  2. How do I apply for transient approval through GVTC?
    Visit and follow the instructions on the home page.

  3. How do I apply for transient approval with a school that is not part of GVTC?
    Fill out the form located HERE and return the form to the Office of Student Records.

  4. When my transient grade is forwarded back to Augusta Technical College, how will it be entered into my record?

    If the grade earned at the transient school is a "C" or higher a grade of "TR" will be entered on the permanent record indicating transfer credit