A student in good standing at another institution may enroll as a transient student on a space-available basis in order to complete work to be transferred back to the student’s home institution. A transient student should be advised in writing by the home institution concerning recommended courses.
The transient student must complete the following:
- Submit an application for admission to the host institution.
- Present a Transient Agreement Letter from the Registrar or Academic Dean of the home institution indicating that the student is in good standing and eligible to return to that institution.
NOTE: The 25 hour credit maximum may be waived for the student upon the recommendation of the home institution.
- Pay scheduled fees for the host institution.
Eligible program admitted students at Augusta Technical College desiring to take a course from another institution must have prior approval from the Registrar.
FAQ - Transient Students
- What is GVTC?
GVTC stands for "Georgia Virtual Technical Connections." The website is www.gvtc.org.
- How do I apply for transient approval through GVTC?
Visit www.gvtc.org and follow the instructions on the home page.
- How do I apply for transient approval with a school that is not part of GVTC?
Fill out the form located HERE and return the form to the Office of Student Records.
- When my transient grade is forwarded back to Augusta Technical College, how will it be entered into my record?
If the grade earned at the transient school is a "C" or higher a grade of "TR" will be entered on the permanent record indicating transfer credit