Augusta Technical College Logo


Applicants wishing to transfer to the College must complete the Admission procedures. In addition, applicants who are in good standing at their previous institution may be accepted in good standing.

Applicants who are on academic probation at their previous institution may be accepted only on academic probation.

Regular admission status is based upon the credential (degree, diploma, or Technical Certificate of Credit) being sought by the student.

Note: A student must complete in residence at least 25 percent of the credit hours for graduation.

FAQ - Transfer Credit

  1. What is the minimum grade required for a course to be transferred to Augusta Technical College?

    A grade of "C" or higher must be earned for courses to be transferred. A grade of "TR" will be entered on the permanent record.

  2. Will transfer credit be awarded from an unofficial transcript or a copy of a transcript?

    No. Transfer credit can only be awarded from official transcripts. Faxed transcripts are NOT accepted.

  3. Can courses be "too old" to transfer?

    Core classes (i.e., English, Math, Psychology, etc...) have no age limitation. Certain occupational courses older than five years may be evaluated by the program department for applicable transfer credit.

  4. How long does it take for my transcripts to be evaluated for transfer credit?

    In most cases, transcripts are evaluated within five to seven working days after receipt by the Registrar. Course descriptions may be requested to determine transferability.

  5. How can I receive exemption credit?

    A student may receive credit for a course by passing an exemption examination only if the student has neither attempted nor failed the course(s) or equivalent course(s) at Augusta Technical College or another post-secondary institution. Students wanting to pursue credit by exemption examination should contact Christine Ball, Director of Admissions, at

    A grade of "EX" will be entered on the permanent record if the exemption examination is successfully completed.

  6. Can I receive credit for my military experience?

    Yes. Credit may be awarded for education/training experiences in the Armed Services. Please visit for more information on obtaining college credit for military training.

  7. Can I receive credit for my work experience?

    Applicants with appropriate work experience or other relevant background may request consideration to earn credit by exemption examination. Please contact Christine Ball, Director of Admissions, at Additionally, students who have received certifications from Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST), Georgia Fire Academy, or National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (NPQ) may receive exemption credit upon evaluation by the respective program departments.

  8. Can I receive transfer credit from foreign transcripts?

    Yes. Credit may be awarded based upon translation and an evaluation performed by an independent service. The address and applications are available in Admissions at the Augusta Campus, Thomson Campus, and Waynesboro Campus.