The Office of Testing is under the leadership of Mr. Najhee Jackson.
The Office of Testing
The Testing office provides GED testing services, as well as COMPASS testing for applicants for admission to Augusta Technical College.
||Augusta Campus, Building 1300, Upper Level
|8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
|8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
|8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
|8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
|8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Compass Placement Testing
Augusta Technical College requires that most students take the ACT Compass Placement Test, which will assist you and your advisor in course selection. The Office of Admissions will notify you of any placement tests you must take. See Exemptions to determine whether you may be exempt from the test.
Who must take the ACT Compass Placement Test?
- If you intend to matriculate (pursue an associate's degree or academic program certificate), you must take the Compass Test, unless you meet the exemptions listed below.
- Non-matriculated students must take the placement test prior to registering for any courses that require English and Math prerequisites unless they have completed the necessary course prerequisites or met the exemptions listed below.
Who is exempt from taking the ACT Compass Placement Test?
You do not need to take the test:
- If you are pursuing a degree program, you will have needed to score a 440 for Math and 480 for Critical Reading on the SAT in the last 5 years. If you are pursuing a diploma or certificate program, you will have needed to score a 400 in Math and 430 for Critical Reading on the SAT within the last 5 years. However, you may be required to take a college level math placement test if you enroll in a particular major that requires a high level of math competency.
- If you are pursuing a degree program, you will have needed to score a 19 for Math, 17 for English and 16 for Writing on the ACT in the last 5 years. If you are pursuing a certificate or diploma program, you will have needed to score a 17 for Math, a 13 for Reading, and a 12 for Writing on the ACT in the last 5 years. However, you may be required to take a college level math placement test if you enroll in a particular major that requires a high level of math competency.
- If you have earned credit for college level English Composition and Mathematics courses.
- If you have taken placement tests at another college in the last 5 years. Results should be sent to the Office of Student Records for review and acceptance.
All test scores and courses taken at previous institutions must be less than 5 years old to qualify for an exemption.
Diploma and Certificate Level
*Note: These scores do not dictate whether or not you will be accepted into Augusta Technical College. These scores are used as a placement tool.
GED TESTING INFORMATION
For those who did not complete high school, passing the GED® exam holds the key to the future. Success on this exam earns the high school equivalency credential needed to launch your career, qualify for a better job or promotion, or enter college.
Augusta Technical College is an official GED® testing site. The GED® exam is comprised of four separate tests: Reasoning through Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Mathematical Reasoning. The 2014 GED® exam is computer-based and can only be taken via computer. There is not a paper option. The cost of all four exams when taken at the same time is $160; taken separately the cost of each test is $40. Acceptable forms of payment are debit or credit card.
All individuals, 18 and older, interested in taking the GED® exam must first register online at www.GED.com or call 1-877-EXAM-GED (392-6433). Underage testers (16 and 17 years of age) should contact the main GED Testing Center at 706-771-4153 for specific instructions.
An official diploma and transcript is mailed from the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG), Office of Adult Education. Questions and requests for additional copies of these documents should be directed to TCSG at 404-679-1645 or www.tcsg.edu. The Transcript Request form can be printed directly from the TCSG website.
The Augusta Technical College Adult Education Department offers adult basic education classes and GED preparation classes at no charge to the public. For more information or to register for classes visit Adult Education on the Augusta Tech website or call 706-771-4131.
GED® and GED Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council of Education (ACE). They may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of ACE or GED Testing Service®. The GED® and GED Testing Service® brands and administered by GED Testing Service LLC under license from the American Council on Education.
Pearson VUE Testing
We are excited to announce the Augusta Technical College Testing Services Center is now offering information technology exams through Pearson VUE Testing Services. Some of the new offerings are listed below. In order to register and schedule for an assessment, please visit www.PearsonVUE.com. If you have any questions about the Testing Services Center, please call 706-771-4153 or email email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pearson VUE Customer Service
Information Technology Exams
Printable Announcement (PDF Format)
- • Adobe
- • Alfresco
- • Android ATC
- • AppSense
- • Aruba
- • Avaloq
- • Avaya, Inc.
- • BCS/ISEB
- • BICSI
- • Brocade
- • Business Objects
- • C++ Institute
- • Certified Healthcare Technology Specialist (CHTS)
- • Check Point Software Technologies
- • Cisco Systems
- • Citrix
- • CIW
- • Cloudera
- • CompTIA
- • Condition Zebra
- • CTP – Convergence Technology Professional
- • CWNP
- • Dassault Systemes
- • Digia Qt
- • EC-Council
- • Embedded Technology Engineer Certification (ETEC)
- • EMC
- • Esri
- • EXIN
- • F5 Professional certification Program
- • Fortinet
- • Fujitsu IT License
- • Fijitsu SSSF
- • Global Association for Quality Management (GAQM)
- • Global Association of Risk Professionals
- • Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)
- • Hitachi IT Platform Engineer Certification
- • HP Consumer Support Americas
- • HP ExpertOne
- • IBM
- • InfoComm International
- • Infosys Limited
- • Institute of Certified Records Managers (ICRM)
- • IOS
- • ISC2
- • iSQI
- • Juniper Networks
- • Linux Professional Institute (LPI)
- • Microsoft
- • National Instruments (NI)
- • NetApp
- • Nokia Networks
- • Novell
- • Object Management Group (OMG)
- • OpenERP Certification Program
- • Oracle
- • OSS-DB
- • Pegasystems
- • PEOPLECERT
- • Puppet labs
- • Qlikview
- • Riverbed
- • RSA Security
- • Ruckus Wireless
- • Ruijie Networks
- • SAP
- • SAS
- • SensioLabs
- • Software Certifications (Administered by QAI)
- • SpringSource
- • SUSE
- • Symantec
- • TYPO3
- • UMTP
- • Unify
- • VCE – The Virtual Computing Environment Company
- • Veeam
- • VMWare
- • Zend Technologies
- • ZTE