Augusta Technical College Strategic Plan 2010-2015
College Vision, Values, Mission and Goals
Augusta Technical College will be a catalyst for economic development by providing quality educational programs and services.
The College will:
- Provide student centered programs and services
- Provide opportunity, accessibility, and affordability
- Encourage diversity of thought, culture, and experience
- Embrace accountability and responsibility
- Celebrate and reward excellence
- Exhibit integrity in all endeavors
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with others
- Encourage and support lifelong learning
- Be creative and innovative
- Provide a safe and secure learning environment
Augusta Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, is a public postsecondary institution that promotes and provides the education, economic, and community development needs of its service area (Burke, Columbia, Lincoln, McDuffie, and Richmond Counties). Associate of Science Degrees, Associate of Applied Science Degrees, diplomas, and technical certificates of credit are provided through traditional and distance delivery methods. The College achieves its mission by providing academic and technical education, student support services, customized business and industry training, economic development services, continuing education, and adult education services.
(Approved by College Board of Directors: January 2012. Approved by the State Board of the Technical College System of Georgia: March 2012)
- To provide competency-based associate degree, diploma, and technical certificate of credit programs to prepare students for employment.
- To provide adult education services to prepare students for access to postsecondary education.
- To provide learning support courses to prepare students for access to postsecondary education.
- To provide opportunities for lifelong learning through credit and non-credit courses, workshops, and seminars.
- To contribute to the development of business and industry and the community through customized education, job training, and retraining.
- To provide a seamless education system by collaborating with area secondary and postsecondary institutions.
- To provide services and activities to support students in achieving student success as they pursue their educational, personal, and career goals.
- To provide opportunities that allow employees to remain current in their respective positions.
- To provide a planning and management system for the allocation of resources to support programs and services.
- To provide a positive image through marketing and public relations activities.
- To provide an institutional development program to enhance the College mission.
- To provide services and resources to enhance planning and decision-making.
- To provide access to technologies that enhance student learning and meet instructional, infrastructure and administrative needs.
- 1.1 Develop sustainable program offerings to meet service area employment demands.
- 1.2 Improve program quality through ongoing review and revision.
- 1.3 Improve student retention and success rates in distance education through course design enhancements focusing on required orientations and the use of innovative resources and advanced multimedia.
- 2.1 Provide pathways for qualified adult education students to be dually enrolled.
- 2.2 Utilize the services of the adult education program to encourage enrollment in post-secondary education.
- 2.3 Develop strategies to transition students from adult education into post-secondary programs.
- 3.1 Provide an assessment process for entering students to gauge their need for learning support courses.
- 3.2 Provide students with quality instruction in learning support classes to develop their skills in developmental reading, writing, and math.
- 3.3 Provide a general assessment process for students to successfully exit a learning support class.
- 4.1 Determine the needs of the community for educational enrichment.
- 4.2 Provide a comprehensive continuing educational program that is widely advertised to the community.
- 4.3 Provide opportunities for retraining and upgrading of skills based on community needs.
- 5.1 Provide customized training programs that meet the needs and interests of local industry.
- 5.2 Support the economic development initiatives of the State of Georgia and the Technical College System of Georgia.
- 5.3 Support the economic development activities of local and regional communities.
- 5.4 Promote industry and community awareness of the services available through the Economic Development Division.
- 6.1 Increase the communication and coordination between the College and area educators.
- 6.2 Expand articulation agreements with educational institutions and affiliations with educational partners.
- 7.1 Foster and promote student responsibility and involvement in his/her education.
- 7.2 Increase awareness of student support services, policies, and student activities.
- 7.3 Promote and provide friendly, informative, and supportive services for students.
- 7.4 Promote student persistence and completion of educational programs.
- 8.1 Provide professional development activities for all employees to include in house and back to industry training.
- 9.1 Integrate budgeting with assessment, planning, and accountability.
- 9.2 Utilize continuous improvement strategies based on cross functional collaboration and project prioritization in budget plans and controls.
- 9.3 Promote best business practices that concentrate on cost controls, risk reduction, and optimization of state and local financial resources.
- 9.4 Institute an organization-wide focus on energy savings and sustainability (green) practices.
- 9.5 Construct processes and establish procedures that provide a foundation for ensuring a safe and secure campus environment.
- 9.6 Recruit and retain a qualified and diverse faculty and staff.
- 10.1 Develop a comprehensive branding strategy to promote the College mission.
- 11.1 Cultivate relationships with funding sources and actively pursue financial support for programs and services.
- 12.1 Support strategic planning, assessment, and program review.
- 12.2 Evaluate the College based upon assessment, institutional effectiveness, and continuous improvement process.
- 12.3 Coordinate institutional-level evaluation of programs and services
- 12.4 Provide reports and information to agencies external to the College
- 13.1 Maintain and enhance technology to ensure sufficient network and wireless capacity to streamline processes and improve services.
(College Strategic Plan approved by the College Board of Directors, September 2013)