The Office of High School Initiatives is under the leadership of Ms. Evett Davis.
Move on When Ready provides students enrolled in an eligible high school, the opportunity to earn high school and college credit while simultaneously enrolled in both. A student may take one Move on When Ready course or be enrolled full-time at the college, depending on the need. Remedial and developmental courses are not available for Move on When Ready.
For more information about the program please visit GAcollege411 HERE.
Georgia Department of Education 2015-2016 Move On When Ready Student Participation Agreement
Augusta Technical College 2015-2016 Move On When Ready Student Participation Agreement
Steps for Dual Enrollment
- If you are in the 9th-12th grade and are enrolled in an eligible Georgia high school or home school program, please complete an online application for admissions. Visit www.augustatech.edu, in the top right corner click the "Apply Online" icon.
- Then, click first time user account creation (remember your Login ID & PIN to be able to check your admissions status). Complete the Dual Student application.
The $25 application fee is waived for dual enrollment applicants.
- After your application is received, our admissions office will notify you with a date to take the Accuplacer Test (Reading, Writing, Arithmetic and Algebra.) If you have taken the COMPASS, SAT or ACT, please have your official scores submitted to our Student Records office. If your COMPASS, SAT or ACT scores meet our requirements for admission for your desired program of study, you will not have to take the Accuplacer Test.
- If you meet the admissions requirements for dual enrollment, you will receive an official acceptance letter with all of the relevant information to complete the dual enrollment pro-cess. If you don’t meet the admission requirements for your desired program of study , you will receive a letter with possible options.
- If you have any questions, please call our Admissions Office at 706-771-4029.
For additional Information locally, please contact:
High School Coordinator
Phone: (706) 771-4027
Or visit your high school guidance counselor.
Special Needs/Disability Counseling
Special Populations Counseling