is located in the
Student Services (1300 Building) on the Augusta campus of
Augusta Technical College. We are a member of NACS (National
Association of College Stores) and GACS (Georgia Association of
College Stores.) This has allowed us to become a valuable
resource for our students, faculty and staff members. We are
also open to the public.
New and used books are available for
sale along with a great variety of other merchandise such as
school supplies, apparel and other gift items.
It is strongly recommended that new students attend all classes on the first day of the
semester to obtain a complete list of textbooks and supplies needed.
RETURNING STUDENTS: Unless you are using a book voucher, purchase your books before the first week of the
semester to prevent standing in line to purchase books.
bring your class schedule or syllabus with you when you come to the
Bookstore. This will greatly help us to sell you the correct books.
... we sell used books. They are subject to availability and are first come, first served.
Used books are 25% less than the price of a new book.
best opportunities to purchase used books are during the buyback or
during the first week of each new term. Remember, we depend on our
students to sell their books back here in order to have used books to
sell to other students.
...is always the last 3 days and first 3 days of each new term.*
There are also periodic buybacks scheduled for the Thomson and Waynesboro campuses.
Keep an eye on our website for dates and times of all upcoming buyback.
* Buyback time frames can vary.
Occasionally, we schedule closing buybacks at the end of a
term that last for 4 days.
- The instructor has authorized the reuse of the book.
- The publisher has a new edition so the prior edition has no value.
- The instructor has discontinued the book or not indicated it will be used next term.
- The book is in too poor condition to be resold.
- The bookstore is overstocked.
- The book has limited nationwide demand.
editions needed by the bookstore for the next semester will be bought
back at approximately 50% of the new list price. The Bookstore sets
- Any other current editions not needed by the bookstore are bought back at a wholesale price.
If your books do not have a retail buyback value, it is possible that
it still has a wholesale value. Wholesale buyback involves selling your
book to a used book company, which will then sell it to another college
that uses it. In this case, the buyback price is determined by the
national demand for the book. This means that the money you get back
for a book can vary greatly, but is always less than if the bookstore
bought the book to resell it.
- Old editions, damaged or over-used books, international editions,
professor’s copies and rebound books will have no resale value.
- If an old edition will be used in the upcoming semester by our
instructors, you should advertise them for sale to other students. Ask
the bookstore staff if your old edition textbooks will be used in
- HOPE GED - Books and supplies.
- PELL - Books, supplies, and book bags/backpacks.
- WIA (Richmond/Burke Counties) - Required books only - No
- WIA (East Central Consortium) - Required books only - No
- VA Rehab (VA) - Required books only. $25 supply limit.
Students are responsible for the exact amount of supply
allotment. One time visit. May include a calculator. May not
charge a book bag unless proper signature is provided. This
is in addition to the $25 in supplies. All charges go
directly to VA Rehab.
- Third Party (TPTY) - Required books only with the
exception of TAA. See below.
- Third Party (TAA) - Required books and $25 in supplies;
including a calculator if needed. Contact Sonya Ellis in
Student Accounts for further explanation.
* If you have any questions about your Pell or Loan amounts,
you must see the Financial Aid Office.
** Financial aid can only be used in the Bookstore up to the
date listed on your Account Detail by Term printout. This is
available through your Augusta Tech Smartweb account.
*** Updated 06/12/13